ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) applies to all persons and entities (collectively, “customers”) using the products and services of Stilt LLC, (“Stilt” “we” or “us”) including Apps, cloud applications and services, and data storage (collectively, the “Services’). The policy is designed to protect the security, integrity, reliability, and privacy of the Services. You are solely responsible for any and all acts and omissions that occur during or relating to your use of the service, and you agree not to engage in any unacceptable use of the service.
The examples described in this AUP are not exhaustive. We may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version at https://www.stiltindustrial.com/acceptable-use-policy. By using the Services, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. If you violate the Policy or authorize or help others to do so, Stilt may suspend or terminate your use of the Services.
1. No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Services for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive. Prohibited activities or content include:
1. 1.1 Illegal, Harmful or Fraudulent Activities. Any activities that are illegal; that violate the rights of others, or that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, including, but not limited to:
1. 1.1.1 disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography,
2. 1.1.2 promoting or encouraging terrorism,
3. 1.1.3 promoting or encouraging violence against people, animals, or property,
4. 1.1.4 promoting, encouraging, or engaging in the sale or distribution of prescription medication without a valid prescription,
5. 1.1.5 violating the Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act of 2017 or similar legislation, or promoting or facilitating prostitution and/or sex trafficking,
6. 1.1.6 offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions, make-money-fast schemes, Ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming.
2. 1.2 Infringing Content. Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
3. 1.3 Offensive Content. Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
4. 1.4 Harmful Content. Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
2. No Security Violations
You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a “System”). Prohibited activities include:
1. 2.1 Unauthorized Access. Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
2. 2.2 Interception. Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
3. 2.3 Falsification of Origin. Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. The legitimate use of aliases and anonymous remailers is not prohibited by this provision.
3. No Attack on the Integrity of the Services
You may not take any actions that attacks the integrity of the Services or any component of the Services. This prohibition applies regardless of the method whether using commercially available tools (whether paid, hacked, trial version, or free), custom/proprietary scripts, freeware, shareware, cloud services, malware, and the like. Prohibited activities or content include:
1. 3.1 Hacking Tools. Using any web vulnerability scanners, vulnerability exploitation tools, forensic tools, port scanners, traffic monitoring tools, debuggers, rootkit detectors, password crackers, or the like against or in connection with the Services.
2. 3.2 Underlying Framework and Architecture. Taking apart, decompiling, or reverse engineering any part of the Services in an effort to access things such as source code or algorithms or for any other purpose.
4. No Network Abuse
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them. Prohibited activities include:
1. 4.1 Monitoring or Crawling. Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled.
2. 4.2 Denial of Service (DoS). Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
3. 4.3 IntentionalInterference.InterferingwiththeproperfunctioningofanySystem,including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast
attacks, or flooding techniques.
4. 4.4 Operation of Certain Network Services. Operating network services like open proxies,
open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
5. 4.5 Avoiding System Restrictions. Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use
limitations placed on a System, such as access and storage restrictions
5. No E-Mail or Other Message Abuse
You will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass e-mail or other messages, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (like “spam”), including commercial advertising and informational announcements. You will not alter or obscure mail headers or assume another sender’s identity.
6. Our Monitoring and Enforcement
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the Services. We may:
6.1 investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of the Services; or
6.2 remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of the Services.
We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
7. Reporting of Violations of this Policy
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of this Policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to suspension or termination, Stilt attempts to work with our customers to cure violations of this policy and ensure that there is no re-occurrence
Electronic Communications Privacy Act Notice
Stilt makes no guarantee of confidentiality or privacy of any information transmitted through or stored upon Stilt technology, and makes no guarantee that any other entity or group of users will be included or excluded from Stilt’s network. In addition, Stilt may periodically monitor transmissions over its network for maintenance, service quality assurance or any other purpose permitted by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, P.L. No. 99-508, as amended.
In our sole and absolute discretion, if we conclude that you are violating any of these policies, or engaging in any other behavior we deem abusive or inappropriate, we may take action against your use and access to the Services and any organization to which you are a part of that subscribes to the Services, but in all cases, including a first-time violation, we reserve the right to remove any content or suspend or terminate your use of the Services, without any compensation or liability for losses due to such removal, suspension, or termination without notice, at any time and for any reason. We reserve the right to enforce, or not enforce, this Acceptable Use Policy in our sole discretion. The failure or refusal to enforce any provision of this AUP as to one user or one violation does not impact or impair Stilt’s rights to declare a violation against any other user or the same user for the same or a different violation.